We get it, cleaning an air conditioner isn’t very much fun, and you’d rather be spending time getting out and about on the weekend rather than cleaning. So, if you’re time-strapped, then perhaps consider a professional service technician. A Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) expert will be able to:
- Undertake cleaning and servicing of your air conditioner such as sealing leaky ductwork if it’s a ducted system
- Recommend any further servicing
- Recommend new parts and replace faulty ones
- Inform you of ideal air conditioner settings and how to operate it efficiently
- Do all of the above with safety and security
A HVAC technician is a licensed tradesperson, and can be your best friend in the summer time if your air con is not working. Overall you should never undertake any electrical work by yourself, and it’s always best to consult a HVAC team before undertaking anything other than cleaning.
It might be a bit of a chore, but cleaning your air conditioner is definitely worth the effort you put in. Not only does a cleaner air conditioner mean cleaner, healthier air, but it also makes for a more efficient air conditioner, which can mean reduced electricity bills! With those factors in mind, there’s really no good reason why you shouldn’t give your air conditioner a clean now and then – even if it’s only once or twice a year, you’ll still reap the benefits.